Is It Time To Start Considering Bankruptcy?
I'm in Over My Head. Should I Consider Bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is one of many options for those struggling with debt. It can be difficult to wade through all the different options, opinions and considerations out there. While bankruptcy isn’t a decision that should be entered into lightly, it’s also important to realize that if you are in the midst of a financial crisis you need to take action. Talk to a professional who can walk you through the process of making a decision about the right choice for you. Study the pros and cons for your particular situation. Bankruptcy isn’t the right choice for everyone, but considering bankruptcy may make sense for you.
Some signs that you may be in over your head and need to seek help include:
- Inability to make minimum monthly payments
- You have taken payday loans to meet basic budget obligations (food, gas, etc) or bills
- You find yourself juggling bills each month (paying some but not all)
- You have no emergency fund or savings
- You have been threatened with foreclosure or repossession
- All of your credit lines are at or near their maximum limit
If these warning signs describe your situation it’s time to seek assistance. Swift action can help you avoid financial disaster.