Your Guide to the Bankruptcy Process
When you’re swimming in debt, you often just want to avoid the stacks of bills piling up and the calls from creditors. It’s overwhelming, but it’s important to face the situation head-on, and that includes considering all your options. Bankruptcy is not the right choice for everyone, but some people will benefit from a bankruptcy filing. We’ve put together several pages of information for those who want to learn more about bankruptcy. Learn what it means, how it will affect your credit score, what types of debt can be discharged, and more. CESI is proud to offer our approved bankruptcy counseling services, so if you’d like to discuss whether bankruptcy is the right option for you, call to speak with a credit counselor today.
Bankruptcy Resources & Information:
- CESI Bankruptcy Counseling
- Are You Considering Bankruptcy?
- Is It Time To Start Considering Bankruptcy?
- How Will Bankruptcy Impact My Credit Score?
- How Long Does the Bankruptcy Process Take?
- Will Bankruptcy Get Rid of All My Debt?
- Start Fresh Today Bankruptcy Blog
- Find Out If Bankruptcy Is Right For You
If you are considering bankruptcy it is important to educate yourself about your rights as a consumer & bankruptcy laws. Here are a few resources to get you started:
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) “Facts for Consumers”
- CESI Financial Curriculum “When Things Go Wrong”
- United States Courts “Bankruptcy Basics”
- Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA)
- Lawyers.com - Bankruptcy FAQ
- United States Courts - Bankruptcy Terms Glossary
- Bankruptcy From a Debtor’s Point of View