Find The Best Military Discounts
- Tracy EastBy
May 21, 2016
- Leave a comment
To celebrate Military Appreciation Month, we want to take a moment to thank all the men and women who are currently serving or who have served in the military. You offer a tremendous service to our country and there is nothing we can do to repay you or your family for the sacrifices you make on our behalf.
Military Discounts Can Save Money
We wanted to offer our thanks by creating a list of money saving ideas and military discounts that can help lessen the burden on your budget and allow for extra fun and quality time with your family. Many military families live on a tight budget and may have limited time together. We’ve scoured the internet to come up with some of the best deals we could find on a variety of items, both practical and purely for entertainment. Enjoy these deals!
Though not exhaustive, the discounts below are some of the favorites we chose from hundreds of available. For a comprehensive list, check out Military Benefits.
*An important note: Some of the discounts listed are offered everywhere, and some are only offered at the owner’s discretion or only in certain states. It’s important to either call ahead or ask before purchasing to make sure the discount is valid in your area. It’s also noteworthy that some discounts are not advertised. Be sure to ask when you purchase or dine to see if they offer a military discount.
Grocery and Food Military Discounts:
- Sam’s Club: Get a $15 gift card when you become a member (active duty and retired only).
- Costco: Join Costco as a new member and receive over $50 in savings
- BJ’s Wholesale: US Military personnel, both active and veteran, may enroll in-Club for a reduced Membership Fee
Restaurant Military Discounts:
- Outback Steakhouse : Offers 10% discounts periodically and some locations offer 10% off all year for military personnel. Always ask!
- Dairy Queen: Many locations offer military discounts. The amount varies by location.
- Chick-fil-A : Many locations offer 10% discounts, always present a valid military ID.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Many locations offer 10% discounts. Check with your store and be sure to present a military id
- Applebee’s: Savings varies by location. Present your military ID.
- Arby’s: Discount varies, inquire at your location and have a valid military ID with you.
- IHOP: Discount at owner’s discretion. Inquire at your location for up to 20% off.
- Taco Bell: Savings varies. Present a valid military ID.
- Wendy’s: Discount varies by location.
Travel Military Discounts:
- Amtrak: Active duty military personnel and their families save 10% when traveling with Amtrak.
- Disney Parks: Find discounted rates on rooms and admission tickets in Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort.
- Hyatt Hotels : Active duty military members receive up to 50% off room rates at 20 of its resorts in the U.S. and Caribbean. In addition, military members receive up to 20% off food purchase. Call for details
- Norwegian Cruise Lines: Military and their families (Includes veterans, active duty military, National Guard, or reserves) may receive up to 10% off on select cruises.
- Royal Caribbean: Take advantage of special cruise rates available for military personnel and their family members. Eligible military members must be in the same stateroom in order for dependents to qualify for discounted rates. Discounts are subject to terms
- Sandals Vacations: Military members receive 10% off the purchase of all-inclusive vacation. The discount can be combined with other promotions.
Clothing and Shoe Military Discounts:
- Kohl’s: Get Kohl’s 15% discount with a valid US military ID in selected Kohl’s branches nationwide. Inquire at your local store.
- Old Navy: Each Monday Old Navy gives a 10% discount on your purchase with valid Military ID.
- Rack Room Shoes: Offers 10% military discount to active duty military personnel every Tuesday in addition to Memorial Day, Independence Day and Veterans Day.
- Nike: Active, retired, reservist US military personnel and their families get 10% off in Nike-owned stores. Present a valid US military ID for verification.
Computers and Electronic Military Discounts:
- Apple: The Apple Government and Military Employee Purchase programs are available to Military personnel, National Guard and Reserve, and their families, and employees of the federal government. You can get a military discount on iPhones, iPads, iPods and Macs
- Best Buy: Military discounts are available at some locations, typically 10% off. Inquire at your local store. They also half off Geek Squad services for military families.
- Dell: Dell offers discounts on laptops that are part of Dell’s premier selection. All computers are equipped with webcams to keep military families connected.
Entertainment Military Discounts:
- Cinemark Movie Theaters: Active military may get discounted rates with a valid active duty military ID at the ticket booth of selected theaters nationwide. Inquire at your location.
- Showcase Cinemas: Special military program pricing is $7.00 for general admission and $5.00 for matinee and children. Active Service ID must be presented at the theater box office to receive discount. Theaters are located in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, New York and Rhode Island.
Home Improvement Military Discounts:
- Home Depot: A 10% discount up to a maximum $500 at all U.S. locations to active duty personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families with a valid military ID. 10% discount is also offered to all military veterans on Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day and Veterans Day. Some Home Depots are reported to provide a Veterans 10% discount year round.
- Lowes: A regular 10% military discount to active duty military members and Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients. This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients. Lowes honors all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, Lowes extends the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service.
Consumer Education Services, Inc. (CESI) is a non-profit committed to empowering and inspiring consumers nationwide to make wise financial decisions and live debt free. Speak with a certified counselor for a free debt analysis today